Old Red Oak Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
I was a cutting maniac this morning with the 5100s for my FIL.........got 3 loads of old redoak and a tad bit of swamp maple for him for free.
some logs were a little punk but......the wood was easy to get and we only had about 2 miles of travel. My FIL is a real nice guy and I enjoy
helping him out.....He's got an Oslo and we give him lots of stove chow.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• DSC_7802.jpg
    DSC_7802.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC_7806.jpg
    DSC_7806.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 627
  • DSC_7801.jpg
    DSC_7801.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 609
Nice loads of wood! Your father-in-law is lucky to have you.

i agree, nice score and i like that truck alot.

Looks like you 'scored' some great points with your FIL!

Shari

Good work woodbutcher.

Very nice, your FIL is a lucky guy to have someone like yourself to take care of him.

BTW, I like the truck too, but it's certainly not the truck I would have thought a "woodbutcher" would own! :cheese:

The Woodbutcher strikes again...

no way would I put that much wood in my 2000 TRD
springs are bent the wrong way.
I swear they put 'em in upside down. :)

Wet1 said:
Very nice, your FIL is a lucky guy to have someone like yourself to take care of him.

BTW, I like the truck too, but it's certainly not the truck I would have thought a "woodbutcher" would own! :cheese:

You are correct, that's my BIL truck.
The WoodButcher drives an 01 VW Passat with 206k on it......some day I'll own a truck.

WoodButcher

WOODBUTCHER said:
Wet1 said:

The WoodButcher drives an 01 VW Passat with 206k on it......some day I'll own a truck.

WoodButcher
Remind me not to let you borrow my truck! :cheese:

BTW, those VW's are great! I have a 2000 Jetta with the TDI and I'm almost at the 340,000 mile mark. Other than belts, filters, a MAF, and a front wheel bearing, I've never had a problem with it. And at 50mpg, I'd buy another in a heartbeat!

Butcher, is your passat a gasser or diesel? I just bought my wife a new 08 Passat last year but it's the 2.0 turbo and was wondering about longevity. ( That thing is a little rocket with the 6 speed triptronic trans).

Wet1 said:
WOODBUTCHER said:
Wet1 said:

WoodButcher
Remind me not to let you borrow my truck! :cheese:
Ha...ha......I just did the cutting, not the loading

polaris said:
Butcher, is your passat a gasser or diesel? I just bought my wife a new 08 Passat last year but it's the 2.0 turbo and was wondering about longevity. ( That thing is a little rocket with the 6 speed triptronic trans).

It's 1.8 Turbo 5 speed gasser, almost 207k.
Still runs strong, no major work....original clutch. BTW.... I didn't need front brake pads till 150k.
The front end is still pretty dam tight considering the millage.This car has outlasted anyone's car in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.