Old stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coop0102

Sep 5, 2011
Boston
Hello all,

My wife and I recently purchased a home and it had this old Dual Herald stove hooked up in the basement. We have no need for it and was curious if it was worth anything.
Here are a few pics:

DH1.gif

DH3.gif

DH2.gif

DH4.gif

No idea of the value but I most certainly would enjoy playing with that oven if it were to be made functional as a dual unit.

pen

Im really looking to recoup some of the cost of the other stove and money we have put into the place.
I haven't been able to find a shred of info on this stove any where

What's the condition? How's the firebox look?

pen

below the door in the second pic it says "Open slide for gas, close slide for coal." With that said I'm sure wood would work but it must be a bit tougher than many since it can handle coal also.

I'd love to put one of these on my porch and semi close it in as a summer kitchen. A combo would be perfect for year round playing around.

pen

you know, the power does go out from time to time. I would learn how to use it some, and keep a wood stash. You might be really happy you did! We had ice storms in KY a few years ago, and power was out for some for 3 weeks.

I would doubt that it is worth much. Who collects wood stoves? too big to store them! If it is hooked up, clean the chimney and figure it out!

Im willing to sell it for $150 if any1 is interested. You'll just have to pick it up. And bring a guy or two to help lol, its pretty heavy.

I'd come get it in a heartbeat, but KY is a long way from Boston!!

Wish I could.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.