Old timberline connecting stove to stovepipe issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTimberline

Oct 22, 2016
Ny
I have an old Timberline. The back inner hole opening to the stove is 7 3/4". The to pipe to slip into the hole though is 8 inches. What do I use to connect the two. Even the crimped end does not fit in the back of the stoves opening.
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
All older stoves used 6 or 8 inch OD before pipe was made 6 and 8 inch ID to fit stove pipe.
Normally over-crimp with hand crimper allows it to fit inside. Crimp and pry outward to prevent crimp from becoming funnel shaped with an angle on the end of pipe.
Depending on installation, the side of a Tee fits over the outlet pipe of the stove and you cap the bottom end. Any condensed fluid drips down into cap to be evaporated.

P1010045.JPG
The Fisher Forum has relevant information for your stove.

Very cool. My parents had a Timberline T-24 (double doors) model back around '79 or '80 and my brother had the single door T-18 model. Great stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.