Old vs. New Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Feb 4, 2009
I am bound and determined to go old in replacing my NEW stove........hahahahahahah. what models beside the old mill can i still get reasonable and does anyone have any big old stoves for sale here, not to, to far from maine, mass, nh, ct.

Got a beautiful Garrison-1 re-conditioned with a soapstone top plate. It has been burned only a few times. I am looking for a new type of stove , what type do you have ? maby we can trade...Im in Ct. and have another home in Maine up near Rangeley.

You don`t state your location. But, if available in your area, you might be able to pick up an early 1980`s PE for around $250-500 or so. They are probably one of the best of the pre-epa out there.

Just make sure it comes with the baffle. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.