old wedges

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Hearth Supporter
Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
Was digging through my pile of crap thats been under tarp for a long time and found my Fathers old wedges and a sledge. Do these look good for splitting?

Attachments

• wedge.jpg
    wedge.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 577
The big ones I would use the little ones look more like felling wedges , I think you may find them useless for splitting . From what I can see in the picture they dont appear to have seen much use . I know my old man has some yet and I know the one that I have borrowed the top has a couple of chips out and its peened pretty good already.

I would set them on the work bench and hang on to them!

+1 good stuff. Try to keep these babies dry and out of the weather when not in use. You're kids will be able to pas them down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.