Older Buck Stove Insert or a Drolet mdl DB03120

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Army

Jan 5, 2008
Ohio
I have a 1978 2200SQFT BiLevel with an outside chimmey and a fireplace 41W26H26D with 6"x26" draft at the top of it and the Fireplace is in the lower level. I have 27"X27" family room down stairs in front of the fireplace with the stairs leading up to the living room and kitchen that is above the familyroom.
I found a 35x16Dx25H Buck stove forsale $400 but I can not find anything that gives the dimensions of the older stoves to tell which model it is.
I just want to help heat the family room and area above it to help offset our electric bill without spending alot of money on a new one. Could I use the ventinox stainless liner for my chimeny and get the ovalized part through the draft to conect to top of the stove. I have read a few topics in here where you guys talk about insulating around the draft how would I do that?
What should I look for when I go to look at this stove before I buy it?
Should I scratch buying a used Buck stove and go with the drolet?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.