Older Jotul 118 side flue size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1970

Apr 14, 2007
What size pipe fits an older 118 side flue exit? I think it is a 5 inch flue pipe but I am not sure. I don't have a 118 but I still want to know.
Thanks
Matt

The unit had a metric take-off which was approx 4.75", but there are adapters to get it to 5" or 6" - or at least there used to be!

When all else failed, a 5" might fit over the outlet - with a good furnace cement seal so stuff does not drip out.

Side and rear exit were the same size.

I think this has a 125 mm pipe (~4.9") if it's the same as the 602. Craig is right, 5" will almost fit. You can still buy 125mm to 6" adapters for about $35.

I use a 602 now and I had a 118 knock off years ago but I couldn't remember what size pipe it used. I am thinking of going back to a 118 for alittle more heat and longer burn times.

Don't get a knock off, get an original Jotul 118. It will put out a lot more heat and parts are still available.

But before giving up the 602, what condition are the interior plates in the stove? Are they free of cracks? Do they meet tightly with the top burn plate? Are there any exterior cracks, especially on the back of the stove?

thinking of getting a refurbished jotul 118,should i use a 5" flue liner ,or just adapt to 6" which works best? putting in basement to replace a pellet stove ,which has 4" stainless liner ,which i 'm sure is too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.