Older Jotul F400 (double door) and clearances

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJF1313

Oct 25, 2009
Pine Barrons, L.I., NY
Hello again all...

I might have a chance to get an older F400 Castine (long story involving a heated divorce [NO pun intended]).
On the Jotul website, they have the "newer" single door manual and parts breakout, but not for the older. I've
searched, to no avail, and here, on Hearth, but came up empty. When Jotul went from a double door to a single,
did any of the clearances change? If all goes well, and I do get the stove, it would be a corner install.

On a install note, I have a question about clearances. On the North wall, I have hot water base board running
the length of the room. When I build the hearth and install a stove, do I also add in the depth of the base board
as a combustible? I would like the hearth to look "square", so if I have to add 3" to the North, I'll just add the
same to the West.

And thanks to Hogwildz, I have all my roofing and chimney questions answered. No matter what stove I get, it will
be a very basic "straight-up" install; stove, stove pipe, chimney support, chimney, (guy wires?) and rain cap.

Thanks again for ALL your help.

The hw baseboard should be considered a non-combustible.

Thanks BeGreen -

I wanted to hearth to athletically pleasing to the "Boss" She's still on the fence about a stove concept, but is listing a little toward the idea.

pmac -

Thank you for link! That will help out in the future also if I need parts, if I do get the stove.

From what I read between the two manuals, all the clearances are the same. The only difference is in the "front", door(s), glass(es) and the gaskets for the door.

I hope that this info will help someone else out in the future.

Have a happy and safe Turkey Day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.