older whitfield control board pics...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joedirt

Dec 9, 2009
gresham, oregon
ok,..this is my first pellet stove,..was given to me by a familly member..been using it a few days now since i finally got it installed,..i downloaded a user manual for an advantage wp-2...but that is for a newer model...i believe mine is a wp-1 (see sig for details)...what is the top switch for?..was told to push it (momentary switch) when i have the stove running how i want it,...but it dosent seem to do anything

also anyone have a manual for this thing on pdf?..i cant seem to find one for this older stove

Attachments

• DSCN0864.jpg
    DSCN0864.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSCN0826.jpg
    DSCN0826.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 951
i have the same stove but it is a 1993 and i need the owners manual, were you able to find one im having trouble getting this thing started can you give me any help?

i cant seem to find a manual online for this early style stove...im hoping someone has a link or a suggestion...

I've got the sister to your stove but I've two reostat knobs, top one for pellet feed rate and the bottom is for the convection fan speed, one slider on-off switch, and one push button that is supposed to start both fans for starup, at least that's what I think.
Look and see if there isn't a wiring terminal block and corresponding color code just above it in the right hand panel. Mine had a nice terminal block diagram and I used that to sort out the my self inflicted wiring snafu I had going. There is a manual on this site that probably would work for your stove, it takes a little dectective work to find it but, look at the sticky note at the top of the forum page and keep of following the links and you'll find the manual and it has some hand written notes and it goes back to very early serial numbers. There's only three switches and two blower fans, very simple. I picked up a Hi-limit switch at the local appliance repair shop for $9, the stove shop wanted $40 and would have to order it. My advice is to know the Hi-limit switch is on the convection fan system and the Lo-limit switch is on the combustion fan system and the pressure switch tube has to be clear and the hose in good shape. Oh yeah, Oil the fan motors with 20 wt oil just like it says, I tried PB Blaster (kinda like WD40) but didn't make two hrs before started squealing again. Those are good stoves, just clean and oil and you'll stay warm. bjr23

1985 - 1989 (Serial # 1001 - 7400)
advantage wp2 ADVANTAGE I wp2
12056010 Blower Kit, Exhaust (Motor & Housing)
12156009 Blower, Exhaust Kit (Complete Teardown)
24220302 Blower, Room Air (gray; Dayton 4C006)
12147705 Disc, High Limit (L250-30F; 60T21, Bakolite) - 3 per pkg.
12057601 Disc, Low Limit (Ceramic, F140-30F; 49T style) - 3 per pkg.
61057210 Gasket, Exhaust Blower, Fan Mount, 5 per pkg.
61020015 Gasket, Exhaust Blower, Tear Down, 1 per pkg.
12056108 Impeller, Exhaust Blower
12046300 Motor, Auger (Drives pellet feed auger)
12050504 Potentiometer Kit, Feed Control (blue wires; replaces 6-second timer and potentiometer)
12058200 Power Cord w/Cable Connectors (8 ft.)
12145903 Pressure Switch
12056003 Hose, Pressure Switch, 19" (may need to be cut to size) - 3 per pkg.
24220901 Rheostat, Blower Speed Control
12050702 Switch, On/Off
21040407 Timer Kit, RK, WP1 (replaces OMRON and Dayton timers) Note: The OMRON H3BF is still
available from W.W. Grainger under their part # 2A179, but is not covered under pellet stove
warranty.
12040403 Timer, 1-second Recycling, SSAC
24220405 Timer, 30-minute, ACP, Adv. I
12040404 Timer, 30-minute, SSAC

many of these control parts are n/a

i have the manual, email me for the manual
[email protected]

eman7337 said:
i have the same stove but it is a 1993 and i need the owners manual, were you able to find one im having trouble getting this thing started can you give me any help?

Same advice as was given to joedirt. If you've shop vac cleaned the passage ways behind the fire bricks (two screws right where the door seals mate to the stove on each side, remove them and the brick retaining plates to remove the brick walls) and make sure the dampener is sliding full stroke and if fans are spining and auger turning, it'll go. The only thing else is one time I carelessly installed the burn pot tray and the tube wasn't in the hole correctly and it burned funny till I notice the tray sitting in at a cocked angle. You have check the flu piping for something plugged there haven't you? bjr23

ive e-mailed you for the manual...thanks,

your switch starts the blowers??...my exsaust fan starts when i plug the stove in,...the only way to stop it is by unplugging the stove...is that the way its supposed to be??

thanks for everyones help. i have another question my exhaust blower wasnt working so i put a srewdriver in the outlet and pushed the fan and it started moving. do you think i need a new blower? i also need a owners manual for whitfield advantage wp2 serial number 65595 made in july 93 if anyone could email me one if they have it

Joedirt and eman

which one are you calling the exhaust blower? The one that blows warm air thru the front tubes is the covection blower and the one that blows the exhaust out the flu pipe is the combustion blower. Both of these fans should removed the squirrel cage fans and housings cleaned and the motors oiled with 20 wt oil. My fan came off the motor shaft with a gently sideways prying the one of those flat wonderbars (looks like a small crowbar made of a flat strip of steel). I think the auger motor probably gets oiled also. My convection blower quit last week and I had to take apart and clean and oil with a thumb pump type oil can and kept spinning by hand till it freed up. I think this is either a 6 month or yearly service listed in the manual along with fire brick backing removal and cleaning. I'm willing to bet the Hi limit switch need to checked out. I think is the one the shuts the blower off after they've cooled down. No blower should run and run, but just run till the stove cools down. Is this correct Wood Heat Stoves? bjr23

eman7337 said:
.....my exhaust blower wasnt working so i put a srewdriver in the outlet and pushed the fan and it started moving. do you think i need a new blower?.......

As bjr23 mentions above, the blower needs to be removed from the stove and given a thorough cleaning & lubricating.....there should be NO reason to have to "jump start" it.

Also, if the exhaust blower is that dirty, i suggest you remove the room air blower & do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.