Older Whitfield doing its job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drtnshtr

Jan 26, 2008
Ohio
Some of you already know I have an old Whitfield Advantage 2T.....Last night it was down in the single digits here in central ohio and "old girl" pulled through it tremendously....I cranked her up to #4 on the old manual dial before going to bed and woke up this morning almost in a sweat with no covers over me....Thermostat in the stove room reads 80 degrees and the rest of the house is in the mid 70's...I have a 1400 sq ft cape cod and keep a couple oil filled electric heaters running on low upstairs because its hard to get heat down the hallway and around and up the stairs...I bought this old whitfield from a guy last year for $150 and she has worked great with very few issues ever since. The great thing is I can still get parts for her if needed. Just thought I would share this with ya'all:)

Status
Not open for further replies.