Oliver MacCleodd Chimney section compatability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinebeetle

Dec 6, 2010
colorado mountains
Hi,
I need to increase the height of my 8 inch class a chimney, made in the 80's by Oliver MacCleod (bought by security), by only two feet. Security chimney company has been unable to help, and so far, finding compatible parts has proven fruitless. If I could try several brands against my actual parts I could determine if another brand could be used or slightly altered to suffice, but I live far from any dealers. This portion would be above the outside roof flashing, and as long as it could slip down onto the existing section I could alter any interlocking system and simply screw the sections together. I have installed six chimney systems so far and have been heating with wood for many years, so I am fairly experienced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.