olympic stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidb

Mar 23, 2008
upstate, new york
well going to look at the beauty this weekend . talked to the dealer , he said prices have gone up because of gas prices.trying to figure on what kind of hearth to build? hopefully this stove will throw some heat. i was looking at jotuls for a while and found that they have alot of draft problems and i guess they are even hard to start. the olympic i have heard nothing but great things about. please if anyone has pics of there burning olympic i would love to see them. now after getting my goverment cheese check i will be buying the stove this weekend .

thanks for the pics that is a beauty burning . does this stove chew up alot of wood or is the new air tight stoves fair with burning its wood. is there a huge diff from the legs to the ashpan style and gold trim price wise that is.

hey now that is interesting where you put your thermometer! I stick mine on the top surface I wonder if there is a difference?

newwoodburner said:
thanks for the pics that is a beauty burning . does this stove chew up alot of wood or is the new air tight stoves fair with burning its wood. is there a huge diff from the legs to the ashpan style and gold trim price wise that is.

The gold door is about 300-400 more, ouch, but I got a package deal for everything. The blower is also painful but again I got another deal. I think the ash pan pedestal is about 150 more above the legs. The stove burns so well I probably didn't need the ash pan but when I use it everyday 24/7 in the cold winter months I will be glad I bought it. The ash pan is not too big but not too small. It is a nice system however. I can't say if it burns more wood than my Summit (my other stove), I think it will because this stove from what I have seen burns hotter (easier). I should have no problem getting 8 hour burn. I am sure Adirondack can tell you more, he has had his about 2 years longer than I. My father in law has had one for about 10 years but he just burns his for pleasure, putting in a log every 2 hours. I tell you though it throws some heat with that powerful blower

well i did it , i bought the mighty olympic and joined the family, the dealer said that he will order it this coming week after this holiday and i should have it in by the first of june, i have to finish the hearth before they bring the stove.

newwoodburner said:
...i have to finish the hearth before they bring the stove.

That would be a swell idea, as the stove weighs 510 pounds...so you don't want them to just drop it off at your door. :) Rick

yeah its a heavy beast for sure. I just bought one of those American panel hearth pads. as you can see. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.