Omalley Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidage

Dec 5, 2008
Woburn, MA
hello all,

I have a Quadrafire Castille stove ('05 I think...). This is my first winter running it. Up to now I've burned about a ton and a half of pellets (a canadian brand I can't remember the name off-hand) Well that supplier ran out and was not going to reorder so I found another local place that sells Omalley pellets and has plenty. They seem to burn fine, same flame type as any other pellets i've tried, but they leave a pile of ash in the burn pot that nearly fills it in a 24 hour period. There are virtually no clinkers at all....just a big pile of ash.

My questions are:

1. Is this a coincidence and is there something wrong with the stove?

2. Is this a result of low quality pellets and/or a bad pallet of pellets?

The website totes them as high quality/ low ash (i know...they all say that) and their company owns a sawmill from which the raw materials come from so it seems like they'd be on the up and up.

www.omalleywoodpellets.com

has anyone else used these pellets?

thanks

Pellet Newbie Dave said:
hello all,

I have a Quadrafire Castille stove ('05 I think...). This is my first winter running it. Up to now I've burned about a ton and a half of pellets (a canadian brand I can't remember the name off-hand) Well that supplier ran out and was not going to reorder so I found another local place that sells Omalley pellets and has plenty. They seem to burn fine, same flame type as any other pellets i've tried, but they leave a pile of ash in the burn pot that nearly fills it in a 24 hour period. There are virtually no clinkers at all....just a big pile of ash.

My questions are:

1. Is this a coincidence and is there something wrong with the stove?

2. Is this a result of low quality pellets and/or a bad pallet of pellets?

The website totes them as high quality/ low ash (i know...they all say that) and their company owns a sawmill from which the raw materials come from so it seems like they'd be on the up and up.

www.omalleywoodpellets.com

All brands burn different in different stoves with different setups. Find what works for yours. BUT, that's just MY opinion

has anyone else used these pellets?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.