O'Malleys vs Lignetics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miteclipse

Burning Hunk
Mar 8, 2013
Hughesville, MD
Which ones were you prefer?

Last year used Lignetics, have about 30 bags left over. Local Deal has O'Malley's on sale until end of august 239/ton. I've had good success with both. No price on Lignetics yet.

I havnt heard a whole lot of good feedback on the omalleys here to be honest but the ligs always seem to be a solid pellet.

I havnt heard a whole lot of good feedback on the omalleys here to be honest but the ligs always seem to be a solid pellet.
not to repeat myself but,
O'malley's we're the Longest pellets I ever burned.. my harman handles them but I did not like the BANG/CRUNCH noise they would make as they would get Decapitated in the slide plate before the dropped into the burnpot..
Also, they left speedbumps[carbon deposits] that we're the hardest I ever had to scrape.. I'm talking real Hammer "Chisel" them out stuff..
your price for them is very good but myself I would rather burn Softwoods or Shorter pellets..
Lignetics btw are a great pellet... burned a ton last winter.

My P38 burns the Lignetics just fine but they are dusty and leave too much ash for my satisfaction. I try not to buy them again.

My P38 burns the Lignetics just fine but they are dusty and leave too much ash for my satisfaction. I try not to buy them again.
you have a smaller burn pot so the amount of ash your P38 leaves would not look like that much left in a Larger P-61 or 68.burnpot,,
I prob had the same amount of ash with a Ton ligs last year.

But the ash amount would still be relative to the amount burned.

But the ash amount would still be relative to the amount burned.
yes.. I posted as such.

Actually,
I think I had it all bass ackwards.....
I burned LaCretes and Lignetics last winter and pretty sure now It was the Lignetics that had lot of Ash.....my mistake..

Status
Not open for further replies.