OMG, another problem with the PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhgirl

Jan 20, 2009
NH
So, thanks again to Mike who got my auger motor working. But now, maybe two weeks later, the Englander pellet stove is cold again in the cellar on a single-degree night, and I need some help.

This time, for the second time in my stove's life, we went down to check it one morning, thought the glow looked a little funny through the filthy glass, and opened the door only to have mounds of glowing red, burning pellets start pouring onto the floor. All I can say is thank god the thing sits on a concrete pad.

Last time this happened (2-3 years ago), an Englander tech walked me through some kind of reset procedure for the control panel (a "press this button twice, this one once, then hold your breath and hop on one foot" kind of thing). It worked, but I don't remember the key sequence. Does anyone know it so I can get the stove running tonight before the temperature drops?

Thanks.
Kate

Hmm. Well, I can't even get the F-S to show up. I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.