OMG, check out this home built wood stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved those videos. Great stuff.

I loved the Red Green show also. He had some pretty funny stuff. Cant remember the line but it was something like " if the women dont find you handsome they should at least find you handy" or something to that effect.

My favorite is when he changed the oil in the car. He would jack up the car and hit the motor with a sledge to lower the motor. Good stuff.

I liked the stove as well. Certainly nothing I'd want in my house, but I can respect his inginuety. He lays it out pretty well if you watch both vids. Redneck? Sure.....but last time I checked, there's certainly worse things.

Love the Red Green show, and yes ScottF, you have the line right. I like the one where he builds an outdoor grill out of a metal shopping cart.

Yeah, did it kind of look like this.

Man he is great. Gotta love the way he does stuff. Funny as H E double hockey sticks.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 186
I like how he saves 25% on new tires. By purchasing just 3 tires you can use a counterweight on the opposite corner of the vehicle that has no tire.

Everybody now, sing!

It's getting late have you seen my mates
Ma tell me when the boys get here
It's seven o'clock and I want to rock
Want to get a belly full of beer

My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys
And my old lady she don't care
My sister looks cute in her braces and boots
A handful of grease in her hair

Don't give us none of your aggravation
We had it with your discipline
Saturday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in

Get about as oiled as a diesel train
Gonna set this dance alight
`Cause Saturday night's the night I like
Saturday night's alright alright alright

Well they're packed pretty tight in here tonight
I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right
I may use a little muscle to get what I need
I may sink a little drink and shout out "She's with me!"

A couple of the sound that I really like
Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike
I'm a juvenile product of the working class
Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass

my brother in-laws new stove he is making will put redneck into a new category.i'll get pics

The guy seems pretty smart, and that stove is a quite a few steps up from your standard "redneck engineering." The guys a redneck, no doubt, but so am I. I like it. Wouldn't burn it anywhere near my house, but I like it.

I don't know if I buy his 95% efficiency rating, but it obviously works. I really enjoyed the "fast drying rack" and "slow drying rack" in the first video. The highlight of the second video had to be the Journey rockin' through his primo stereo. My guess is that is the only kind of music that stereo has ever played. I definately think he lives in that building, based on the set up.

the_dude said:
I definately think he lives in that building, based on the set up.

I initially got the impression that the place was more of a snowmobile cabin sort of deal, but after watching both videos I think you're probably right. Is this a stove he's going to produce and market as a rival to PE and Jotul? Nope. Gotta give the guy some credit, though. He is (probably efficiently) heating his house with something he produced cheaply with his own hands. I'm guessing no wife or kids (didn't see much of a woman's touch in that building...) so maybe he can get by without being quite as safety-minded as the rest of us. Concrete floor and building, etc. Sure, the couches are combustible, but the way this guy sounds he's probably got a smoke alarm next to the stove hard-wired to an old-school pager, mounted to his headboard to wake him up if the place catches on fire when he's sleeping. Good on him, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.