OMG...I won a free ton of pellets!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrblkk

Minister of Fire
Feb 2, 2008
Northampton, PA
New England Wood Pellet called and said I won this months contest...I am so stoked, I've never won anything before.....I'm going to be at pig status since I already bought next years supply this year....This absolutely made my day...and my week! I hope they burn good for me, I've never burned those before......

I wonder if they will ship mine to Georgia. :p

Sweet! You lucky devil! :coolsmile:

Hey there free, :) But you'll find them to be a decent pellet. I heard they are improving them, So you might get something even better.

Once you burn some post your thoughts on them. Please.

Nice to see somebody we know actually won some pellets !

tjnamtiw said:
I wonder if they will ship mine to Georgia. :p

Slvrblkk.... Lucky little Pig you...

tjnamtiw....I filled one out about 2 months ago. I live in Ohio. Put down that I would be willing to drive to get them. Road trip........By the time I paid for fuel, it would almost be a wash. But would make for a nice weekend. Me and the kid could do something while we were up there. Make a weekend out of it. Probably not gonna happen, but a Man's gotta try.

CONGRATULATIONS, slvrblkk!!

Hoping they burn well for ya and keep ya toasty!!

NICE
i filled mine out a few months ago too, but i am still waiting for the call lol

j-takeman said:

Hey there free, :) But you'll find them to be a decent pellet. I heard they are improving them, So you might get something even better.

I will post feedback....

Jay....if you ever come to my area, look me up and I'll "donate" a couple bags for your testing.....

slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:

I will post feedback....

Jay....if you ever come to my area, look me up and I'll "donate" a couple bags for your testing.....

slvrblkk your thoughts will be fine(no fancy stuff is needed). This summer vaca were heading north to New Hampshire.

I do appreciate the offer though. :)

Maybe I'll stop at the Jaffery plant and see if they can donate some samples. :coolgrin:

Sweet, congrats! I burned them several years ago
and they were nice from what I recall.

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:

I will post feedback....

slvrblkk your thoughts will be fine(no fancy stuff is needed). This summer vaca were heading north to New Hampshire.

Maybe I'll stop at the Jaffery plant and see if they can donate some samples. :coolgrin:

Jay.

Surely you jest. :)
And nice one there slvrblkk!!! Enjoy the heat!

Congrats Truly Cool To Win Free Pellets....

Everyone knows: Free pellets heat the best. Congrats!

congradulations, free pellets are allways the best.

johnnycomelately said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:

I will post feedback....

Jay.

I picked up 2 bags of NY Newp's yesterday(donated by BT Ent). Brian heard I was looking for them(he also donated 2 bags of MWP). I put them in the stove this morning. I'll post the review on the other site as soon as there finished.

slvrblkk, Did you try yours yet?

j-takeman said:
johnnycomelately said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:

I will post feedback....

Jay.

I picked up 2 bags of NY Newp's yesterday(donated by BT Ent). Brian heard I was looking for them(he also donated 2 bags of MWP). I put them in the stove this morning. I'll post the review on the other site as soon as there finished.

No, the Denrich Company in Quakertown (NEWP said they will contact me) hasn't contacted me yet about delivery. They are a landscape supply or something that carries NEWP, O'Malley and Tri State Bio Fuels. I hope to hear from them this week. If not, I will give them a call. They are killing me, I want to give them a try before it gets too warm. I hope they burn decent for you.

slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:

No, the Denrich Company in Quakertown (NEWP said they will contact me) hasn't contacted me yet about delivery. They are a landscape supply or something that carries NEWP, O'Malley and Tri State Bio Fuels. I hope to hear from them this week. If not, I will give them a call. They are killing me, I want to give them a try before it gets too warm. I hope they burn decent for you.

So far not bad at all! It got pretty warm in here rather quickly! :)

I was told they took our comments and ran with it. And I believe it with what I am seeing. They jacked up the density on them and it shows with the extra heat I am seeing. 248ºF is much hotter than what I have seen in the past. And the average pellet length is about 1/2 inch long. I am sure that is helping get volume to the burnpot as well!

Only problem I see is here in CT. they are going for about $260 a ton. Right now there are a lot of other comparable pellets out there for less money. So I will have to wait for the spring price special.

Review will be posted here when complete

Status
Not open for further replies.