OMG OMG OMG!! Free wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy said:
We got a call about free wood today. Took the gloves and the truck and when we got there he showed us 3 acres of downed trees. FOR FREE. All I gotta do is cut them up. YAY ME.

And because I can't make the pic show up you'll have to go look at the link.

http://flickr.com/photos/21072575@N00/2788079220/
Thats what its been like around here since the spring storms all you can cut if i only had more time

Guy said:
the funny thing about this is he hired people to harvest his timber we get whats left.
you got love that how long it been down?

Guy said:
Only about a month. Still, not too bad, looks dry-ish. And I don't need it dry. I got time.
You pile like i do

Looks like what I have been cleaning up since a tornado touched down in front of the house in Sept. 2004. Great firewood but I am still paying a mortgage on every one of those trees I have burned. And I miss looking at them!

Does this guy realize what he's getting into, by letting a Hearth.com member have the free firewood?

The "after" photo:

37835-Footprints-in-the-desert-0.jpg

:) :)

That ain't near Bloomsburg by chance is it? ;)

Guy said:
Only about a month. Still, not too bad, looks dry-ish. And I don't need it dry. I got time.
How much is there?

I havn't got a good look at it yet so I don't know but he's got another 5 acres to do after this is cleaned up(I think I got a new best friend)

Hogwildz , it might be worth your time if you can find gas for$ .10 a gal
Oh ya smokin j my wife does the piling after we split it she dosn't like my technique

Guy said:
the funny thing about this is he hired people to harvest his timber we get whats left.

Almost perfect... the tops are an easy take and they add up quickly, good score.

I'll finally get to go cut today after I give people a little time to wake up, I don't like to be loud too early on sunday.
Guy

Well it was a mess too tangled up to work with I got only about half a truck load . However the guy is supposed to call back thursday and see how I made out and if I can get exclusive rights to cut I'll rent a loader and clean it up
Guy

Guy said:
Well it was a mess too tangled up to work with I got only about half a truck load . However the guy is supposed to call back thursday and see how I made out and if I can get exclusive rights to cut I'll rent a loader and clean it up
Guy

You go, Guy! :)

Chris

Guy said:
Guy
Wow go getem!

Guy said:
Hogwildz , it might be worth your time if you can find gas for$ .10 a gal
Oh ya smokin j my wife does the piling after we split it she dosn't like my technique
lol thats how i got started doing that to

Status
Not open for further replies.