1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

OMG!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!???

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by bbfarm, May 3, 2013.

1. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin
    I was sitting in the living room last night and I thought I heard thunder. took me awhile but I realized the Mr had turned on the furnace!!!! Never realized how loud that thing is when it kicks on.

The furnace!!! the Frigging furnace!!!! our fuel tank is almost empty.

What are you doing I ask him. I am cold and its damp in here he says. oh lord. We have had the pellet stove off all week because it warmed up and he didn't want to go to the workshop and bring in a bag of pellets in the rain.

I shut the furnace off and turned on the pellet stove.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Ohhhhhh not good….Turning on of the furnace while in possession of a fully functioning pellet stove I believe is a felony punishable by a week minimum sentence of stacking tons of pellets in a store room, basement, garage or shed. Just sayin:eek:
    Defiant likes this.
  3. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    [​IMG]
  4. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin
    Meh, he already stacks the pellets. :) maybe no helper (me) to unload and carry to him.
    mralias likes this.
  5. smoke show

smoke show Guest

You need to work on training him better. ;)
    gbreda likes this.
  6. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Why aren't you stacking with him unloading and carrying? Depending on how far you are walking... Better Training X2;)
  7. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Go downstairs and turn the furnace off problem solved. Shortly after installing my electric hot water heater I flipped the switch my wife was mildly annoyed but whatever.
  8. Ejectr

Ejectr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brimfield, MA
    He probably did you a bigger favor than you realize. The motors in the furnace (burner and fan/circulators) need to be rotated occassionally. They have permanently lubricated bearings that need to be rotated or the grease will eventually fall to the bottom of the bearing due to gravity. Sitting on a spot for a long time will also cause a flat spot on the bearings from the weight of the axle it supports constantly in the same spot. So it is a good idea to start your furnace every now and then.

When I worked for a company that made CNC mills, the spindle motors that were in stock all had their spindle shafts rotated once a month to eleviate the possibility of these things happening, so I know this from experience.