Omni-Grip for thinset on a hearthpad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emt1581

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2010
PA
A buddy recommended Omni-grip which is a pre-mixed thinset for under the tiles. I'm curious if there are any problems with using this stuff compared to the normal thinset under my stove?

It doesn't say anything on the tub that I can see about temperatures. I just wanted to know if anyone here knew anything.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

emt1581 said:
A buddy recommended Omni-grip which is a pre-mixed thinset for under the tiles. I'm curious if there are any problems with using this stuff compared to the normal thinset under my stove?

It doesn't say anything on the tub that I can see about temperatures. I just wanted to know if anyone here knew anything.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

I used it to set my slate tiles on my hearth, no problems so far. Into 5th burning season

Hogwildz said:
emt1581 said:

Thanks!

-Emt1581

I used it to set my slate tiles on my hearth, no problems so far. Into 5th burning season

Cool thanks.

-Emt1581

Status
Not open for further replies.