? on a Scandia 325C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigsky70

Jan 30, 2011
CAMAS, WA
Just moved into a house. Has a Scandia 325C. This is the first time in my adult life I've had a fireplace/insert. I have been tinkering with it but have no clue what i'm doing. It has 2 knobs one above the door and another above the stove. I know one is for air and the other for dampering? keeping the heat in the insert. I thought the top one dampered the chimney. I know I sound clueless probably because I am. I was told think of the top as gas and the bottom as air like on a carb?

Greetings Bigsky. Haven't seen the insert. Can you post a picture or two?

here's a pic

Attachments

• SCANDIA.jpg
    SCANDIA.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,209
Just guessing, but the upper control looks like a bypass control. If it is a bypass it allows the flue gases to go directly up the chimney instead of past a baffle. If that is correct, you use this when first starting or when reloading the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.