on the verge of becoming a pellet pig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbtide357

Oct 15, 2012
long island new york
i just realized ive been on the computer for about 3 hours reviewing opinions on types of pellets and brands soft wood vs hard wood btus etc and i really want a quality pellet like okanagans hammers somersets etc. willing to travel is this common or will it subside? i am going up to my property thats near binghamton ny from long island ny this weekend in the big pickup and im looking to pick up some quality pellets along the the way any help would be appreciated long island has a couple of guys that sell okies just a little high i thought but thats long island for you p.s. i have a harman accentra stove .

Sounds like your getting the Swine flu. ;)

Barefoot is a very good pellet, your stove will love em.

i just realized ive been on the computer for about 3 hours reviewing opinions on types of pellets and brands soft wood vs hard wood btus etc and i really want a quality pellet like okanagans hammers somersets etc. willing to travel is this common or will it subside? i am going up to my property thats near binghamton ny from long island ny this weekend in the big pickup and im looking to pick up some quality pellets along the the way any help would be appreciated long island has a couple of guys that sell okies just a little high i thought but thats long island for you p.s. i have a harman accentra stove .
Barefoot Pellet is about an hour and fifteen from Binghamton. You could swing right on in and get some at the plant.

Sounds like your sick to me.

Might as well pull an OMV... lol

Welcome to the club ;)

If you're going to Binghamton:. The Binghamton Agway is right at the Broad Avenue exit ramp .and has Barefoots (I think it's $279/ton). Last time I was up there they also had Energex & Dry Creek for a bit less $.

My record travel for pellets, Round trip 110 miles for 2 tons of Rocky Mountains. If gas was cheaper, I would go much further though.

Status
Not open for further replies.