On way home from work score- part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Looks just like the first load of ash and oak, doesn't it? Im gonna bring a load just like this home every day until its all gone- probably around 10 more loads. I just found out today that my job is hiring a tree company to take down 6 big,old ash trees at one of the houses they own. My boss said its mine for the taking. :cheese: I am having the scrounging "Week of a Lifetime" this week!! And on the week I just bought my new splitter. Somebody pinch me. I MUST be dreaming! WAIT! Dont pinch me! These sort of things just dont happen to me that often. Thankyou, God.........for all my blessings.

Attachments

• z full.jpg
    z full.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 358
  • z stack.jpg
    z stack.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 355
awesome. you are one lucky dude.

I hope I dont use up all my scrounging luck at once! :grrr:

Maybe I'm having trouble reading this early in the morning, but were you saying that the wood in those pics is ash and oak? Or were you talking about a different load?

Looks like Black locust to me...

Time for some bigger pics.

As far as scrounging luck goes, it only gets better. As soon as word gets around that you can reliably make wood go away, you will get the calls.

wood-fan-atic said:
My boss said its mine for the taking.
Thankyou, God.........for all my blessings.
I hope I dont use up all my scrounging luck at once!
Seems like you are not quite sure who is really responsible for you getting all that nice wood.
If in doubt go with the one in the middle. ;-)

That's great bro!!! As long as you have the space to store it keep on going back for more. Make sure no one else finds out about it. This time of year you may find a passerby stopping and snooping around your scrounge!!!

That's freaking awesome, I would be squirreling away rounds in any spot I could in my yard until I got it all.

wood-fan-atic said:
Looks just like the first load of ash and oak, doesn't it? Im gonna bring a load just like this home every day until its all gone- probably around 10 more loads. I just found out today that my job is hiring a tree company to take down 6 big,old ash trees at one of the houses they own. My boss said its mine for the taking. :cheese: I am having the scrounging "Week of a Lifetime" this week!! And on the week I just bought my new splitter. Somebody pinch me. I MUST be dreaming! WAIT! Dont pinch me! These sort of things just dont happen to me that often. Thankyou, God.........for all my blessings.

wood-fan-atic great score, looks like you'll be busy for some time.

zap

That looks like Locust to me, not Ash or Oak. Rather than have you be disappointed, I'd be glad to come by and get rid of that awful free locust!

Im sorry. I got little dyslexic with my species in the post. ALL the rounds in the truck are black locust and oak (mostly locust).The score coming up at work is ALL ASH.(Here are a few pics) :) Most of what I have squirrelled away already is oak. My wife is being very tolerant so far about me littering my property(which is only 60x100) with firewood. As long as she gets 'her yard' back by April 1st, I think that I can keep myself off of the couch! ;-P P.S.- Liberator- No arguments here. I make plans - and God laughs.

Attachments

• ash 2.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 254
  • ash 1.bmp
    467.7 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.