once the season "ends" what do you do to the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean it out, give it a big hug for keeping us warm all winter then wait until fall. Might try the kitty litter this year, tho haven't really seen any rust...

Since you asked,,,,, I didn't do a thing last season except do one last clean out of the ashes. Didn't even clean out the chimney till the last November.

This year however I plan to replace a lot of the firebricks as about one third of them are cracked (I'm hard on my stove :coolgrin: ). If everything goes as planned I also hope to remodeling my hearth and build a pedestal for my stove to sit up higher, so I can load it from a standing position. That will entail removing the stove completely, so I'll probably take it outside where I can clean and blow it out and inspect it thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.