One big old tree and one big old guy swinging one big old maul.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
And not a Fiskars in sight! No space age coatings, no razor sharp edges, no hollow indestructible handles........ Miracle worker? Nah. Just operator skill. HAHA! :)
IMG_0387%2520%2528768x1024%2529-713519.jpg

IMG_0390%2520%25281024x768%2529-714449.jpg

IMG_0409%2520%2528768x1024%2529-715679.jpg

IMG_0416%2520%25281024x768%2529-716431.jpg

And now this afternoon.......hauling and stacking! I love my 'job'!

Reactions: Gasifier
Old school and 1-handed at that. I like it!

Reactions: quads
The way you point at that round, its like you called your shot....nice.

Nice form.

Nice Quads, it sure looks drier there!

And not a Fiskars in sight! No space age coatings, no razor sharp edges, no hollow indestructible handles..
I've usually got both the Fiskars and the 8-pounder (ground down a little) within arm's reach. If it's an easy splitter, no need to heft more weight than required...
The way you point at that round, its like you called your shot....nice.
I thought maybe he was using that finger like a rifle sight... :)

Looks typical quads! Making it look easy. Also really something to see you in a t-shirt this early in the year. Looks like you are enjoying the same weather we are getting.

Nice work man. Keep it up. I use a old style maul as well. Well, when I'm not using hydraulics.:cool:

LOOKS GOOD QUADS!!;) nice pile of good BTU's, that stuff shouldn't take more than a year or so to season.....looks pretty dry already! Love the pics keep 'em coming! Good to see your out there to your old self again!

Looks good Quads....reminds me of Babe Ruth or Jim Thome pointing where the ball is going. THEN DRIVE IT HOME

Amen! Glad to see you back at it.
I know the pics of Quads and or Mrs. Quads are rare.
Not sure I've ever seen a picture of you, but that is exactly NOT what I expected at all.
Or not the picture I had created in my head.
I'm also amazed every time at the sweet, looks like dry, straight grained hardwoods that you find.
Keep up the great work and keep the pics coming to keep us all motivated.
Thank you.

Thanks everybody! (Hey, this new thing has a 'Like' button now!) HA! It's been very warm here, broke 80 degrees the last three days in a row and looks like will do it again today and maybe more.

...Not sure I've ever seen a picture of you, but that is exactly NOT what I expected at all.
Or not the picture I had created in my head....

HAHA! I get that a lot....... :)

Reactions: ScotO
Looks like an awesome day to be in the woods Quads - and some real nice oak to boot! Cheers!

Ha! Quads! Looking good there! Now I can fill in 'the rest of the picture' that I had made up of you a year or so ago:

quads.jpg

Didn't even get the suspender's dirty. That's a job well done!

Ha! Quads! Looking good there! Now I can fill in 'the rest of the picture' that I had made up of you a year or so ago:
I remember that Shari! HAHA! Awesome!

Quads,
The head of that maul has gotta be right around 12 feet in the air at the top of your swing. No way in heck would I even think about trying that! I got enough trouble just using both hands and concentrating on hitting the spot I'm aiming at. You are the man!

Paul Bunyan lives . . . in Wisconsin.

Now where do you keep Babe, Quads?

Status
Not open for further replies.