One big round........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
splitter11.jpgpallet1.jpgtractor1.jpg

I worked the new splitter pretty hard and ended up with 76 splits from one round! Crazy, and they arent really small splits either. Just my normal variety of splits. Ended up taking 2.5 rounds to fill this pallet. First pic is the first round, second pic is the splits of that one round. Third pic is a finished pallet. I bet someone here has gotten more splits than that out of one round. I hace two rounds that are bigger but really knotty so I will end up with a lot of uglies from those.
View attachment 78391View attachment 78392View attachment 78393

Cant open the attachments

That's what I say Swagler............you get a big round and you got some work ahead of you. I'm not getting no 76 splits out of what I am dealing with, but a couple of splits will get you close to a half truck load :)

Ok i think that should have fixed the pic problem.

Now I can it. That's a serious round. Nice job.

I prefer big rounds. Splitting them seems like less work to me. As long as I have gravity on my side.
As long as you can either get the splitter right to it or have hydrolics to move rounds!

my buddy let me use that same splitter and im sold on it

As long as you can either get the splitter right to it or have hydrolics to move rounds!

I roll them to the truck (gravity), and bust them into pieces that I can lift onto the truck with my Fiskars. I split the manageable pieces into split size as they come of the truck. No hydraulics for me....yet.

Nice load.

Reactions: etiger2007
How long did the 76 piece round take you to split?

i will have one in the garage when i have an extra $1,000 laying around

How long did the 76 piece round take you to split?
Not exactly sure, I spent about three hours back there and split 5 rounds. They were all close to that size, also stacked those splits filling two of those pallets. I really like having the pallet right next to the splitter for stacking, makes much less work.

oh yeah !!....work that splitter !!!:cool:

I have same splitter.
Nice to know it will spilt a round that size.
Not that I'd ever get one that big here but it would be fun.
Good job.

It's nice on those big ones the bark just falls off and I can toss it aside

Swagler if you dump the clutch on that tractor how far can you do a wheelie......;)

Reactions: swagler85
Did you have a midget helper that day? ;) That is one BMF round! How did you move it?

Big Mother F.....g!

Reactions: tfdchief
Did you have a midget helper that day? ;) That is one BMF round! How did you move it?
Steve, Normally I would cut one like that up with the chain saw. I don't handle anything very big anymore. But this tree was dropped by a tree service in my son's neighbor's back yard. Doug and I cut it up and took the wood in exchange for the neighbor saving some money with the tree service. We noodled most of them down to size, but had to take this picture "for the record" So we just moved the log splitter to it. Had to wiggle it a little but mostly just moved the log splitter. If you look close, you will see that big sucker sitting on a bunch of "noodles";)

Status
Not open for further replies.