One clean cord stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky8443

Burning Hunk
Apr 22, 2014
Glenside, PA
Wife wants the stack clean for company, so I keep nicest cord along the fence. I actually have a cord of mixed hardwoods behind the magnolia hidden from view too. Third cord is wood brick in the basement. Im really pleased to have three cords of fuel for next year and not be the unsightly neighbor.

I purchased the racks on amazon two years ago and they seem to be holding up great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 413
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 394
That really looks great. Can you make a field trip to Ohio and fix my yard and stacks? Maybe in your spare time? :)

I have some of the other type of racks where I provide the 2x4s used as the base. I take baling wire (I assume it's bailing wire) and secure a somewhat loose line to the tops of both ends. Then I pile the wood up as far as I dare, with the with the splits taking the slack out of the line and pulling the two ends together to keep it from splaying out. I'm up to almost 6' on four of them.

Reactions: Missouri Frontier
Status
Not open for further replies.