One cord down...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
1/3 cord all red oak. Been to warm for a fire every night but it's coming.

One wheelbarrow full in the stove rack and another two in the shed burning this weekend will put us right at two cords about the time we celebrate a complete orbit. what makes me real happy is the massive drop in temps this coming week, which will freeze the ground again and allow me to use the pickup to fill the shed with another two cords. otherwise it's wheelbarrowing a few days worth at a time it up the hill in mush, which sucks.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Been bizzy replacing the wood wall and we're almost there.
Arranging each section as I split by MC and species.
Much 2 year old scrounge, especially ash, can burn well a month after being split. (or, 24 hours after being in a semicircle around the hearth)
The fresher green Asplundh drops still are oozing a drop of sap here and there.
(hazards of being a professional scrounger)

Kinda as if being in Vegas pulling a slot machine and ya don;t know what will come out
when three alike kinds line up in the lil' window???

Making a little order to it to keep hissing n' reduced btu's to a minimum.

5,032 lbs and 2,416 HDD's as of Dec 31st........convert it to cord-wood of any species you want. I find weighing wood is a more accurate way for me to keep track of usage, especially when the stacks contain various species and varying lengths like the ones I'm currently using because back when they were c/c/s, I didn't care as I was burning them in a standard fireplace.

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Probably pushing 2 cords by now, all wood heat no oil yet. Loving it, but also need it to freeze up so I can continue my scrounges in my woods without tearing up the lawn too bad

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Really just gotten rid of my uglies and softwood at this point. It's been pretty mild here in Virginia, and there've been plenty of nights where I've let the fire go out. Nothing else used for heat either. Cold weather is supposed to set in a few days from now and that's when I'll be burning the better oak that's set aside for this winter.

We right at a cord now. I have only burned a few fires here and there the last several days as temps have been in the 40s-50s. That is more annoying to me because I use up my pine kindling on the cold restarts. Temps are suppose to fall tonight and stay below freezing for several days so the stove will again be put in service 24/7.

All wood, all the time. Just barely pushing over 2 cords ( the real ones ). No oil, tiny space gas heater, no central heat ( many up here without any thermostats for furnaces ).
Now, that's including Fall shoulder burns with blowdown softwoods. Beginning the real winter hardwood cycle.

just about at the 2 cord mark now.... its 60º here right now, but we have a few more months of burning left....

I loaded a second cord into the bulkhead this past weekend.

I'd say I've used about 2-1/2 -3 cords up here in southern Ontario. 26 degrees out tonight. Stoves holding steady with a load of white pine. I load her up with some white ash for the night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprisingly mild, maybe 1/2 through my 1/3cd pallet of 2yr oak, 1/3 through the remaining pallet of poplar, and 1/4 ton of liberty bricks. So that's what, maybe 1/2-2/3cd total firewood burned so far?

i moved over another 1/2 cord of misc stuff that i had on a pallet, and found some cherry rounds buried in there! YEAH! when i combined the stacks, it turns out that I have only gone through about 1.5 cord....

Just under a cord now. Still above freezing most nights only need a fire for a few hours to keep the house warm.

About cord and 1/2 here.
We only had two major cold snaps here, one mid Dec and one at the beginning of Jan.