One down...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I think I could park a VW in there now... or an Ashford 30.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428085181.558006.jpg

Reactions: jeff_t
That's an impressive cave you got there! Can't wait to see it filled with an Ashford!

A VW? Half of WV!

I am curious about the performance of the ashford compared to the Jotul. The massive stone and the long burn time seams to be a match made in heaven.

I am curious about the performance of the ashford compared to the Jotul. The massive stone and the long burn time seams to be a match made in heaven.
I think you might be right. The radiant design of the Jotuls was just pumping all of that heat into these giant exterior heat sinks, stealing most of the BTU's I was generating. A convective stove should be ideal.

The stove in the main house will be dialed in for 12 hour burn times, and loaded twice per day. The stove in the old summer kitchen fireplace, which is now part of a newer addition, will be dialed in for 24 hour burn times.

Status
Not open for further replies.