One happy camper!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_602z

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2009
Lake Odessa,MI
Picture of my buddies boy with his first buck! He was grinning all day!

Gary

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 648
I'd be grinning too. Congratulations to him.

That is an incredible deer for a rookie. Very impressive.

Nice rack! Great effort of overcoming buck fever for his first deer.

bigtall said:
That is an incredible deer for a rookie. Very impressive.

+1

Really?! His first deer, and he bags a 10 pointer. WOW. I've never even SEEN a 10 pointer, except on the buck pole.
Kids gotta' be on cloud nine. How's dad feeling?

He will never forget that day. First deer? how's he ever going to top that??

I'm jealous of the venison...

40 years I have been hunting and never got anything that big, missed a couple though! :) I told him he might as well quit hunting because the honeymoon is over! :cheese:

Gary

Gary was the young lad bow hunting or rifle? just wondering as the way he is dressed for the pic..

and is he having it done for the wall?

my first monster buck i got a crack at, i missed!! hit a tree :-S
and man thats not as much fun reminising as he's gonna get to be doing for the rest of his life ;-) :)

Terry

loon said:
Gary was the young lad bow hunting or rifle? just wondering as the way he is dressed for the pic..

and is he having it done for the wall?

my first monster buck i got a crack at, i missed!! hit a tree :-S
and man thats not as much fun reminising as he's gonna get to be doing for the rest of his life ;-) :)

Terry

He got it on the opening day of our gun season with a 20 gauge at 100 yds. Yea it will be a wallhanger.

Gary

Ok, what?! 10 point buck, taken by a first time young hunter, at 100 yards......with a 20 gauge. That's amazing.
Does the local paper know about this? Big story here.
Oh, I get it....except, April 1st is about 4 1/2 months away. :lol: J/K

hope this thread doesnt go south...

we over here are having a hard time keeping the young people interested in hunting as our costs and gun rules are brutal and seems like everyone is starting to give up :coolmad:

loon

We are having the same problems over here not only the hunting but fishing as well! Society is changing and a lot of the young people are not being brought up to enjoy the outdoors.

Gary

I have absolutely no interest in hunting on a personal level. But I grew up in an area where hunting, NRA Safe Hunter, and getting your first deer was a really big deal. So was 4-H and all the attendant realities of raising market stock. It was a common site to see a dressed deer hanging in a dooryard and easily recognizable pick-ups in our driveway during hunting season (with keys in the ignition). They knew I had a horse and they knew I rode daily and what logging roads I generally used. I wore blaze orange. Hunting was not of great interest to me, but it was to them! and they were "cool about it" and turned me on to the delights of "game" and the whole experience broadened my understanding. Today, when I hear so much belly-acheing about deer decimating yards landscaped with "deer food" and the cruelty of hunting I think about the people in my home town and how uncomplicated and respectful it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.