One heck of a storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I am a trustee on a local cemetery board and I got a call last night. A storm went through the cemetery and blew quite a few very large maple limbs down. I am guessing that these sugar maple trees are between 100-200 years old. They are about 4'-5' in diameter. It's going to be a lot of work but I'll get to keep some of the wood. I'll bet there's 2 cord down. I'll probably need to get a tree service because on large limb is broke but still attached about 10' up. I have to get set up to post pictures.

Well Jack, if they are in the cemetery, perhaps they are dead?!

That should make you some good firewood indeed.

Jack - if you have a tree service out, it usually doesn't cost much more to point to ANYTHING that you find questionable to do yourself. Just a heads up. Safety first.

And good score.

Status
Not open for further replies.