One intense ride

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be one wild ride, but fun too! Yet the thought of a deer or any animal running across at the wrong time sends some shivers, especially with no brakes.

Reactions: ScotO
There is a link at the top of the flic. Click it and you will see that this was a brake-less test run. Halfway through the video there are mothers cradling tots on their lap at a near dead stop, with other moms & tots gently bumping from behind. That would kind of take the thrill out.

Reactions: ScotO
That would be one wild ride, but fun too! Yet the thought of a deer or any animal running across at the wrong time sends some shivers, especially with no brakes.
I wonder if you get to keep it in Germany?

I rode the Attitash Mountain (NH) Alpine slide a few summers ago - this looks a lot more intense :)

The first time I rode attitash I got behind a 20 year old kid who was terrified of the thing and riding the brake all the way down... I was really wishing it didn't have a brake at that point.....

I rode the Attitash Mountain (NH) Alpine slide a few summers ago - this looks a lot more intense :)

The first time I rode attitash I got behind a 20 year old kid who was terrified of the thing and riding the brake all the way down... I was really wishing it didn't have a brake at that point.....

HehHeh . . . that sounds like my wife and I when we went down . . . only it was my wife ahead of me who had been sobbing and terrified on the chairlift ride up who was hauling you-know-what down the slide without using her brake and laughing all the way while I was riding the brake the whole way and yelling at her to slow down and stay in control. Sometimes I am such a pansy. ;)

Thanks to this thread I had to go take a look at the Attitash website... Looks like in addition to the alpine slide they added a new Alpine coaster... and its open in the winter!

The wife and I are taking a winter weekend getaway up to Mt. Washington next month... might have to go over there and check out the new ride, Ill report back if we do.

Thanks to this thread I had to go take a look at the Attitash website... Looks like in addition to the alpine slide they added a new Alpine coaster... and its open in the winter!

The wife and I are taking a winter weekend getaway up to Mt. Washington next month... might have to go over there and check out the new ride, Ill report back if we do.

Was camping with my oldest son this summer (age 9) and we checked out the Alpine Slide at Bromley Mountain in VT. (Very similar to Attitash)

Anyway, my son would go down first, then I would start up about 30 seconds later.....usually caught him mid way down the mountain.....well, we were on say our 10th run of the day, and lets just say that I got a little overzealous with NOT USING THE BRAKE...and I came out of turn 32 a little sideways and dumped myself on the alpine slide and dragged along the concrete track for about 30 feet. Had 3 sections of my body that had no skin left....ripped my shirt....5 inch scar on my arm that just wont heal right, lol. Worst part of it was, when I wiped out everyone on the lift going to the top of the Mtn saw my wipeout :)

If the sign says use the brake, USE THE BRAKE :)

Attachments

• Photo131.jpg
    Photo131.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 144
Was camping with my oldest son this summer (age 9) and we checked out the Alpine Slide at Bromley Mountain in VT. (Very similar to Attitash)

Anyway, my son would go down first, then I would start up about 30 seconds later.....usually caught him mid way down the mountain.....well, we were on say our 10th run of the day, and lets just say that I got a little overzealous with NOT USING THE BRAKE...and I came out of turn 32 a little sideways and dumped myself on the alpine slide and dragged along the concrete track for about 30 feet. Had 3 sections of my body that had no skin left....ripped my shirt....5 inch scar on my arm that just wont heal right, lol. Worst part of it was, when I wiped out everyone on the lift going to the top of the Mtn saw my wipeout :)

Pretty nasty, but my kid would eat that giant scab if she had it. Like a potato chip.

Wow, sorry to hear, ouch! This is one of those instances where you want to hit the 'Like' button in agreement, but don't out of respect, pity etc.

Anyway, my son would go down first, then I would start up about 30 seconds later.....

I, on the other hand hit the like button kuzz your pain is funny to me. Long as everybody can walk after (and sometimes when we can't- like when I broke my ankle).

Isn't everyone like that with their buddies?

Reactions: Eatonpcat
WOW:eek: I am nutz but that looks like fun!

that friggin thing is BAD AZZ! That would be a blast! I could see the wife getting pizzed off at me, I'd be riding that thing the whole vacation......

Reactions: Eatonpcat
And to think I opened this thread and expected to see a bunch of scantily clad blonde, redhead and brunette gals.....
My mind must be in the gutter again.......

Reactions: Realstone
Status
Not open for further replies.