One last question about my homemade storage tank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas060606

Nov 28, 2010
CT Shoreline
So during the off season when it's warm outside and I don't get to concentrate on keeping the house warm, I am a boater. That, plus the fact that there are anodes in hot water heaters got me to thinking. There are anodes all over my boat to keep the expensive stuff from corroding, so why not put an anode in the storage tank? I'd obviously keep the pH at the right levels, but I'm thinking this is cheap back-up insurance. My thought is it is probably overkill since they don't tend to work well in non-salt water and it will probably end up with an oxide layer over it's surface. Maybe if I put an access port in the tank cover I could pull it out and inspect it. I don't know...maybe I'm overthinking all this and making it more difficult than it needs to be.

What say the smart guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.