I found this site in August of 2008 when I first started looking into an Englander add-on wood furnace for my home. Needless to say it didn't take but a few weeks of reading posts on this site to realize the Englander was not what I wanted. A gasifier was the only way to go for me since I'm young and plan to own my current house plenty long enough to get the payback. Below is a catalog of photos I've taken since my install started in September. One thousand thank you's to all of the members on this site. Because of your expertise my gas meter has been pretty well dormant for four days now. Here's to the next 20 years! A special thanks to Nofossil. While he and I did not communicate directly during my project his posts were by far the most helpful. Especially the posts on primary/secondary piping and the six minute start up. I couldn't have done it without your posts, Nofossil! EDIT - Thanks to Master of Sparks too! Sounds like he authored the primary/secondary thread... Basics: Heating 3200 square feet with a heat exchanger installed in a forced air furnace (2) 500 gallon propane tanks for storage All plumbing is black pipe, 1-1/4" Heat exchanger and expansion tanks were plumbed with 1" Pex-AL-Pex Install was done 100% by me, except for the hole cored in my concrete basement foundation (Best $175 I spent on this project). For anything requiring two people I had a brother-in-law and father to help. Bringing her home - This hog weighs 1400lbs and is not as easy to move around as some may think. I blew a tire on my brother-in-laws trailer coming home from Cozy Heat in Indian River, MI. Good times... Yes, that's a Cub Cadet pulling 1400lbs.... Tanks - The HOA called me to complain after only 6 hours of having these sitting beside my house, NICE. I was able to get two brand new 500 gallon propane tanks and not mess with cleaning due to a family member in the propane business. Getting them through this slider proved to be a trick. I don't have a slider designed to be taken apart (read: made in China). Nothing a little caulk can't fix after the fact. Stacking the tanks - I purchased a 4'x7'x10' section of pallet rack for my tank stacking. This allowed me to stack the tanks with no welding. I purchased wide flange beams to support the feet of the tanks between the beams. I used two 5,000lb ratcheting tie down straps to lift the tanks. We supported the tanks every foot or so to unwind the straps. We only dropped the upper tank one time, from about 1 foot (one dolley was the victim). Insert EKO 40 and begin pluming (everything prior to this happened in about 3 weeks. From here on out about 3 months elapsed. Plumbing with black pipe for the first time is time consuming. I used Rector Seal #5 and Teflon Rope on every joint. Not one single leak. The only leak I had was at a Pex compression fitting. Easy fix - tighten it more. I had to go the non-preferred method for a chimney. I went outside the house, with a chase. It was not possible for me to go through the house from my utility room due to room placement (2-story house). As such I paid a professional $175 to core a 9" hole in my basement foundation wall for my 6" flue to pass through. From there I built a chase so the Home Owners Association didn't get on my case. I have 22' of chimney vertical. Electrical - I have a generator panel in my home. So I pulled a circuit from the gen panel over and sent it back to the Eko. I also have a 24V relay in the smaller box on the right. From here I switch 24V from the second thermostat I added to run the 110V circ pump hooked up to my heat exchanger. I used the A/C circuit on my existing thermostat to run the second thermostat. I switched off the breaker for the A/C for the winter and presto - I only had to run a one foot of thermostat wire at the new thermostat and I had to run 10 feet or so to the relay. Very simple. I chose to run my main boiler circ directly to storage and have a second circ pump for my heat exchanger. Even though this is my only heat zone I wanted it on a separate circ. For whatever reason I just didn't want my hot water supply always running through my furnace HX. Let's light the fire already (well over 100 hours spent working on my EKO by this point) - After a first burn to bring the tanks up to 100 degrees for cleaning I drained the system, refilled and began insulating. I ended up using (11) rolls of R30 unfaced fiberglass insulation around the two tanks. After I had (8) rolls wrapped around the tanks and in the ceiling above I began enclosing the tanks with OSB. While enclosing the tanks I jammed the last (3) rolls of insulation in any open spaces available. The twins are tightly packed to say the least.