One mean log splitter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Now watch it fail!

That is a whole lotta engine for a splitter!

Diggin the sliding lift!

Wow, I think someone needs some practice welding on that top video MM.

Burlymike, Why would anyone split sideways? I read the caption about looking for the weak link, but I still think it is dumb.
Not impressed My friends 35 ton will do that.

woodsmaster said:
Wow, I think someone needs some practice welding on that top video MM.

No doubt... That's one of the easiest welds on the unit... I'd be scared to see actual close ups of his handy work.

I saw nothing there that my 34 ton Brave wouldn't do,I'm glad no one was standing in front when that log cut loose ,a fatality for sure.With all the fiddle forking he did on that locust round I could have split it vertically in less time.

I don't see any point in splitting sideways either but it is cool to watch. It is like hydraulically driving a spike.

woodsmaster said:
Burlymike, Why would anyone split sideways? I read the caption about looking for the weak link, but I still think it is dumb.
Not impressed My friends 35 ton will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.