One more cold snap this week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
It's supposed to get down to -8 tonight. Brrrrrrr. I think I'll start moving in wood so I don't have to open the doors tonight to get more.

On a positive, I calculated the savings in gas this year by not running the furnace as much. Using this year's pricing, which is 70c/ccf less than last years, I have paid for the stove. If I used last year's pricing, I'd probably have the hearth and maybe part of the chimney paid for.

It's all savings after it pays for itself! The best part is, the wife is warmer this year.

A few nights ago, she mentioned another stove in the house. I'm not sure if I want to spring for the cost, but it's something to think about.

Matt

Matt I hear the weekend and next week returns to normal ,maybe above. Couple more cold nights to put up with

Real strange winter here, almost no snow and real strange to have this type of cold snap in March.

Wow, what I wouldnt give for on -8.....they're saying this will be the coldest night of the winter for us!! -30, colder in some outlying areas....and IM outlying!!! Then 40's this weekend, what freakish March weather!!

It has really been EPIC cold this week here, records being broken daily
Global Warming ROFLMAO

Wood Eatin Weather for sure this week

Updated forecast is -15 for tonight. I'm looking forward to the 40s.

The fire's burning!

Matt

Am I hearing right? Y'all were prayin for cold weather in Nov. and Dec.. Now you've got it and...

As to global warming - ask what the global average temp was, not what was happening in a local region of the planet. Remember, it's summer going into fall down under.

Status
Not open for further replies.