1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

One more face cord! LOL

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Gasifier, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    I new that would get a few of you CORD guys goin! image.jpg image.jpg

Just doing some hand splitting. Bought 1/3 of a cord from an Amish guy I met. Needed splitting, but one smack from the maul and quick work is done.
    milleo, zap, ScotO and 1 other person like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Good find and probably at a decent price. That stuff does split really nice. Drys fast too.
    Gasifier likes this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Looks good, Gassy....I did a PILE of hand splitting last weekend up at scout camp (around 1 1/2-2 cord MYSELF), on top of cutting the benches we made with the saw......

FWIW, I'm still sore! But I love it!!
    BobUrban, Trilifter7 and Gasifier like this.
  4. Gasifier

Loc:
    Dennis: Ash is a great wood to burn. I was just driving by and decided to stop and talk to him. He seemed like a good man. Young guy, 32, with four kids already and wife had another on the way the last time I talked to him. (About a week and a half ago, she was do anytime.) I also made a new connection to Maple Syrup! Bought a Quart from him with the first face cord I bought. Yesterday I stopped and bought this second face cord from him and she had a new girl in the house. Everything went perfect. He said easiest one she had, only 7.5 lbs. Others were over 9 and close to 10! <> When I was there before I had asked him where he would take her when it was time. No where, we stay right here at home.o_O (I wouldn't be doin dat myself, but to each his own.)

Scotty: 1 1/2 to 2 cord yourself is quite a workout. Those muscles must be sore. I usually split about 1/3 of a cord at a time. Then do some another day. Or I block up a good size pile of 3 or 4 cord and then rent a splitter. Hydraulics are nice. But one day I'm going to have Zap helicopter his whole processor down to me some day when I have about 10 cord piled up. He has one that folds all up into a nice size container and then he can move it wherever he wants. That guy has all the nice toys. ==c
    heavylift.png
    zap and ScotO like this.
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Added to the nice stacks in the background, you're staying ahead.
    Never to much firewood :)
    Trilifter7, Gasifier and ScotO like this.
  6. Gasifier

Loc:
    Yup, that is true Dave. Now I just have to move this stuff to a crib and get it out of the way. Things are muddy in the yard so I decided to drop it where the ground was more dry. I will use the double wheeled wheelbarrow to move it to one of the cribs behind the detached garage. They are almost all full. A comforting sign. Almost all of next years wood done. I think I will build another crib to hold 3 cord and start working on filling that. Never know when we might get a really cold winter again.