1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

One of a kind FULL wood shed?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by wishlist, Nov 9, 2011.

1. wishlist

wishlist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    Hey Dennis, I think I read somewhere you are from Chesaning? Nice town , cheap gas at 52 and 57!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    We live west of that junction and you are right about the cheap gas. Admiral usually stays below all others. However, back in early October we were shocked when we went through Perry. At the Sunoco station there the gas was at $2.989. The first time I'd seen gas below $3.00 for a long time. Sadly, it did not stay there long as we went through there again a week later and it was about $.27 higher.
  3. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Hey Dennis and Wishlist does the farm up on State Rd.(I think) between Owosso and Chesaning still have all the 1 and 2 bottom plows still out there? Always loved going by there in the summer.

Gary
  4. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Gary, it is still there and they keep adding. The farm is close to Chesaning, just a short drive south off M-57.
  5. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Did anyone guess what it was originally built for yet? A nice place for a bonfire.
  6. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    I should snap a pic of that place with all the plows. I bet mowing around them and painting is a full time job. Those fences in Kentucky that go for miles would be easier upkeep! Lol...

Dennis, I heard about the cheap gas in Perry that day. It's been awhile since I pd less than $3 a gallon.

No correct guess yet. Clue, look on top of the copolo...
  7. Willman

Willman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sabattus Maine
    An aviary or racing pigeon coop.
    Will
  8. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    You got it Will! I always heard you can't pull a fast one on those nice folks in Maine!

The aviary used to have many different species of exotic pheasants. I enjoyed raising them but after 9-11 shipping to other parts of the country pretty much halted and continuing to import new bloodlines was a nightmare.
    If you look at the pic and picture in your mind pens coming out like a pie 20 ft all the way around was its original design. The last I knew there was 1 other aviary with this concept in Michigan. Well its put to good use now with wood storage and no matter which way the wind blows I get good ventilation!
  9. CK-1

CK-1 Feeling the Heat

I was wondering if the wood shed was some sort of grill or smoker. Dude, I would have installed a chimney and built one hell of a smoker inside that baby. I know you have some cherry and hickory in that wood pile somewhere... :)
  10. Fredo

Fredo Member

Loc:
    Mi
    wishlist,

That is an AWESOME GAZEBO-WOOD SHED...

Fredo
  11. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    .....and the best part is its still full , haven't burned much with these warmer temps we had. :)
  12. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    But you'll be burning some of that wood tonight!
  13. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    You got that right sav, took out some 3 year old oak. Gonna be a cold wknd!
  14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

What temps are they calling for in your area wishlist?

zap
  15. wishlist

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    Last I heard was single digits and staying cold all wknd then possibly 40 and rain on Monday. If this ground would stay frozen zap I have a some more ironwood, bur oak, and a endless supply of silver maple to get. I'm short on shoulder season wood! :(
  16. Fredo

Fredo Member

Loc:
    Mi
    Ain't that the truth Dennis. Just loaded my stove with splits of Oak in the rear and splits of Ash on top of a bed of glowing Embers in front of stove. It is 16 degrees outside where I live but a Toasty 73 degrees inside my home, nice...

Fredo