One of a kind FULL wood shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Welcome to the forum wishlist. Nice woodpile too. Guess? How about what started out as a corn crib but ended up as a wood house?!

btw, we are not too far apart with you being from Corunna.

Hey Dennis, I think I read somewhere you are from Chesaning? Nice town , cheap gas at 52 and 57!

We live west of that junction and you are right about the cheap gas. Admiral usually stays below all others. However, back in early October we were shocked when we went through Perry. At the Sunoco station there the gas was at $2.989. The first time I'd seen gas below $3.00 for a long time. Sadly, it did not stay there long as we went through there again a week later and it was about $.27 higher.

Hey Dennis and Wishlist does the farm up on State Rd.(I think) between Owosso and Chesaning still have all the 1 and 2 bottom plows still out there? Always loved going by there in the summer.

Gary

Gary, it is still there and they keep adding. The farm is close to Chesaning, just a short drive south off M-57.

Did anyone guess what it was originally built for yet? A nice place for a bonfire.

I should snap a pic of that place with all the plows. I bet mowing around them and painting is a full time job. Those fences in Kentucky that go for miles would be easier upkeep! Lol...

Dennis, I heard about the cheap gas in Perry that day. It's been awhile since I pd less than $3 a gallon.

No correct guess yet. Clue, look on top of the copolo...

An aviary or racing pigeon coop.
Will

Willman said:
An aviary or racing pigeon coop.
Will
You got it Will! I always heard you can't pull a fast one on those nice folks in Maine!

The aviary used to have many different species of exotic pheasants. I enjoyed raising them but after 9-11 shipping to other parts of the country pretty much halted and continuing to import new bloodlines was a nightmare.
If you look at the pic and picture in your mind pens coming out like a pie 20 ft all the way around was its original design. The last I knew there was 1 other aviary with this concept in Michigan. Well its put to good use now with wood storage and no matter which way the wind blows I get good ventilation!

I was wondering if the wood shed was some sort of grill or smoker. Dude, I would have installed a chimney and built one hell of a smoker inside that baby. I know you have some cherry and hickory in that wood pile somewhere... :)

wishlist,

That is an AWESOME GAZEBO-WOOD SHED...

Fredo

.....and the best part is its still full , haven't burned much with these warmer temps we had. :)

But you'll be burning some of that wood tonight!

You got that right sav, took out some 3 year old oak. Gonna be a cold wknd!

What temps are they calling for in your area wishlist?

zap

Last I heard was single digits and staying cold all wknd then possibly 40 and rain on Monday. If this ground would stay frozen zap I have a some more ironwood, bur oak, and a endless supply of silver maple to get. I'm short on shoulder season wood! :(

Ain't that the truth Dennis. Just loaded my stove with splits of Oak in the rear and splits of Ash on top of a bed of glowing Embers in front of stove. It is 16 degrees outside where I live but a Toasty 73 degrees inside my home, nice...

Fredo

Status
Not open for further replies.