One of the best CL ad's yet!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the "10 years young" ads for oil boilers.

CarbonNeutral said:
BrowningBAR said:
I still enjoy the $800 Franklin Stove listings and the $700 Vigilant Stove posts that state 'It is no longer airtight, but it is still in excellent condition' and the pick shows this rusted out cast iron mess.
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/hsh/1451309881.html
for example...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1437044606.html
Another winner ... "Have had it for many years " and most of them, it's been outside rusting.
BTW, it is ILLEGAL in Calif. to install a non-EPA woodstove in any building (cookstoves excepted under certain circumstances). And yet, there are dozens of ads every day for just such stoves. Many of which are probably being sold by folks who found out that they couldn't install them at home!

Peace,
- Sequoia

There have been reports of scams using the deposit bit around here but as we all know there are plenty of takers out there for almost anything.
With all the people trying to get something for nothing the tree guys say they are hurting. I always tell people have a insured pro take it down and clean up the branches and I will take the other stuff.

fredarm said:
I particularly like the "OIL BUCKET DRIP SYSTEM TO START THE FIRE"--all caps, like the rest of the ad. Who needs Supercedars, just drip some oil on the fire!

It's one thing to have a wood stud too close to a stove because you were lapse about clearances, it's quite another to put (semi)volatile liquids 6" from the fire, on purpose. My 'OBO' would be you give me $200 to take it away and scrap it.

CarbonNeutral said:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/bar/1445864050.html

Just to show you our Lowell is no better than your Lowell....

I heard a guy from Lawrence showed up and chained the tree to truck and stole both, then ditched the truck up on Pie Hill next to the Methuen Mall.
:)
Ahhhh.... The People's Republic of Massachusetts

what tree?

BrowningBAR said:

That looks just like the one that I moved to the deck when we got the the Fireview.
IMG00198599x798.jpg

I took its balls off.

Blaze King-

The tree pictured in the first post of this thread.

Even with out the tree owners contentious attitude and need for a deposit one has to wonde rhow much work and expense someone wants to go thru for $50-75 worth of firewood.

Yeah! the leaves are still green around it! I'm using a ton of wood to keep it that warm though.

You guys have way too much time on your hands. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.