one on the right..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
was on my way over to another little forest, but figured i would leave it alone for a bit ;-)

DSC08332.jpg

didnt know where to put this ? so here i am again on the elm ;-P

DSC08442.jpg

up on the roof cleaning the gutters and thought that big lad on the top right of pic was worthy of showing :)

loon

just a quick update on the dead elm... filled the wood box the other day for my wife when i went hunting and came home to THE LOOK!! asked what the matter was? come to find out she thought the dogs rolled in something or the cats did something in the house. she couldnt find where the stink was coming from till she went over to the wood box :cheese:
i cut and split a bunch of it a couple weeks ago and put it in the house last week,
not a good idea as it stinks something awful %-P
there is still a few days burning in the box so its covered up right now with a blanket.

wont be bringing any of it in the house again till next year for sure :red: burns great but never had elm stink like this before????

loon

Loon, let it lay in the stack for a while and then the smell will go away. This is just one more reason I wait until the bark is off before cutting it; the smell is mostly gone.

[quote author="loon" date="1285427097"]brought these up last weekend and will be heading back down today to grab the last 10 or so ;-)

Terry that is some nice looking land, it also looks like your having way to much fun.

zap

every friday zap, cant wait to book off and get back to the house for the weekend of work/fun :cheese:

just got lucky i guess? :)

loon

Backwoods Savage said:
Loon, let it lay in the stack for a while and then the smell will go away. This is just one more reason I wait until the bark is off before cutting it; the smell is mostly gone.

me and my partner in crime double checked what went on Savage ;-) the middle of a couple of the big lads were soft and wet..

wont happen again :)

DSC08655.jpg

loon

loon said:
Backwoods Savage said:

me and my partner in crime double checked what went on Savage ;-) the middle of a couple of the big lads were soft and wet..

DSC08655.jpg

loon

Dog not feeling well? I'm used to seeing pictures of him driving the truck or ATV . . . not riding in the back of the pick-up. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
loon said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Dog not feeling well? I'm used to seeing pictures of him driving the truck or ATV . . . not riding in the back of the pick-up. ;) :)

he's fine jake :) he was just waiting for his sister, so they could do some snooping for scraps in the back of it ;-P

DSC08692-1.jpg

loon

Status
Not open for further replies.