One pump two mixing valves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick S.

Feb 11, 2012
Northeast Indiana
I just switched from an ahs coal gun to an ahs e-140. The boiler works as planned, but I can't enough water to circulate through the radient floor pex. All the air has been bled from the pex in the floor so I don't have an air lock. I have the same circulater pump[Grundfos 15-42F] that I used with the coal gun and it worked just fine. I now have two mixing valves[Honeywell am-1 series] and only had one with the coal boiler. Do I have a big enough pump to handle two mixing valves? All plumbing between the boiler and the floor manifold is 1 inch copper. The pex in the floor is 1/2 inch, about 2200 feet.

Can you give a diagram of what you have, sounds similar to a system I put in with a pellet boiler. I used a Watts 1170. I used a Taco 008 for the circuits, 300' 1/2 loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.