One reason to start a fire in July

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HitzerHillbilly

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2014
Northern Indiana
41ea4a830408f0678877a7fd76accae2.jpg
Is a flooded basement a good enough reason too start a fire! Trying to dry out the upstairs floors faster.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

That certainly helps remove excess moisture...

I thought it was going to be because it is 14 degrees C (that is what it is here..it went down to 3 degrees 2 nights ago).

That being said I hope the damage isn't too bad!!

Andrew

Bummer, good thing at least you were at home and not on vacation.

Reactions: Ashful
Better get a few of those drying fans,possibly equipment rental places. If you call the pros thats what they will bring. Along with a machine like a bissell shampoo machine to suck out the carpets. A whole house fan would be a blessing in your case. You mostly need to move a lot of air thru there.

Better get a few of those drying fans,possibly equipment rental places. If you call the pros thats what they will bring. Along with a machine like a bissell shampoo machine to suck out the carpets. A whole house fan would be a blessing in your case. You mostly need to move a lot of air thru there.
Multiple big fans going, including the whole house fan! Its pretty well dried out! The Good Lord blessed us with a good breeze today too! So any laundry that got wet is outside.

Reactions: iceman2424
Feed line to the to the toilet sprung a leaklg last night. Woke up to standing water in the basement, dinning room, and spare room. We sleep up stairs so never heard it

That happened to me about 10 yrs ago. We were away on vacation , must have sprayed water for 3-4 days before we got home . Insurance company came through though . I put hard wood floors throughout the house to replace all the carpet. Now I shut the water main off if we are away from home more than a few days.

We came home from vacation one summer and the next morning the whole house water filter burst. I woke up to a completely flooded utility pit, 2 ft of water. I managed to siphon out most of the water, then shop vac the rest. Lost the condensate pump but managed to save the gas furnace by letting dry out for a month. HW heater insulation was soaked so I replaced it.

lol my basement feels a little "damp". I might have to light one up :)

Sorry to hear about the mess. Not fun.

Replace all washer and toilet hoses every fifth year, as a matter of habit. The likelihood of failure goes way up around year 7, if you look at the statistics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what failed? The side of the actual hose or the connection? The crimp? Was it a braided SS line or a rigid?

Parents lost a washing machine hose once. It was the side of the actual hose that blew out.

Status
Not open for further replies.