One small thing I would change on touch screen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boomhour

Burning Hunk
Apr 29, 2013
Huntsville, ON
The stop button is located right above the menu icon. So if you would like to change some settings hence combustion calibration or in my case was about to enable mixing mode (stirs the fire pot) one can not be willy nilly in respect to where you touch the screen. So the stove went into shut down takes about one hour for cool down not to bad but it was -30 c outside:eek:. It would be nice if you had to hit the button say twice in five seconds to force a shut down, this my third time doing it .;em Well the stove is up and running and did a quick clean up.

Also went out at 7:30 this am to finish a few drive ways that I plow, the plow decided it did not like - 30 either and broke down, electrical issue will not lift had to drive about 2 miles home with it in the down position, had a few funny looks from passerbys. :rolleyes:

Went to town last night in car about eight, a deer ran out in front of me about 15 feet off my bow, by the time I hit the brakes he was across, Bambi caught my eye next out the drivers door window he or she held up, went right between them - that was close. No pics so I guess it did't happen.

I think I see some storm clouds on the horizon ...AKA Whisky Clouds.;) Have a blessed day

Attachments

• 20140126_093725.jpg
    20140126_093725.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 20140126_094836.jpg
    20140126_094836.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Comes in 3s ... could have been worse, you could have caught Mom or Bambi and had to deal with that.

Snow coming your way - we had ours the last couple of days and temps dropping again after the snow:mad: -26.7C w/windchill -38C; low -37C
Hit a rock with the Kubota and snapped a shear pin - of course it's the difficult one and had to get the Hubby to help. Other side, the shear pin slides through easier per Hubby when he broke both of them a few weeks ago... Got three pins on stand-by just in case we find more rocks;lol

Just a thought if it's a continued problem:
Is that area of the screen ever used for anything else or is it always the stop button? If it's always the same, perhaps affixing a small flap of cardstock or something that would prevent the accidental touch from registering would alleviate the issue. A small square affixed with tape on the side or top that you could easily flip out of the way when needed should be enough.
Even if that area is sometimes used for other functions, the benefit of avoiding the unintentional shutdown might be worth it.

Accidentally dropping your plow on a dry road at highway speeds is always interesting, especially for oncoming traffic and the folks behind you ;)

Broomhour, have you thought about just getting a stylus for your touchpad? I believe they make them in both styles, pressure and capacitive....or whatever the terms are.

Comes in 3s ... could have been worse, you could have caught Mom or Bambi and had to deal with that.

Snow coming your way - we had ours the last couple of days and temps dropping again after the snow:mad: -26.7C w/windchill -38C; low -37C
Hit a rock with the Kubota and snapped a shear pin - of course it's the difficult one and had to get the Hubby to help. Other side, the shear pin slides through easier per Hubby when he broke both of them a few weeks ago... Got three pins on stand-by just in case we find more rocks;lol

Yes it could have been, caught a break there. We are still in a snow squall and wind chill warning here. Hope you were able to change that pin somewhere warm, it was hard enough trying to apply electrical tape to the broken wire and make it water tight on the plow at -30 C.

Just a thought if it's a continued problem:
Is that area of the screen ever used for anything else or is it always the stop button? If it's always the same, perhaps affixing a small flap of cardstock or something that would prevent the accidental touch from registering would alleviate the issue. A small square affixed with tape on the side or top that you could easily flip out of the way when needed should be enough.
Even if that area is sometimes used for other functions, the benefit of avoiding the unintentional shutdown might be worth it.

Mchasel, that area of the screen is only used for shut down of the stove, just below it is the menu button, hence the problem. Screen is always black until you touch it, seems to be a magnet for me. I have since taken your advice and applied a piece of cardboard over that area to block it off but I can access it in a hurry if needed. If anything it should keep me from getting a stern finger-wagging from the pellet queen. ;)

Accidentally dropping your plow on a dry road at highway speeds is always interesting, especially for oncoming traffic and the folks behind you ;)

Broomhour, have you thought about just getting a stylus for your touchpad? I believe they make them in both styles, pressure and capacitive....or whatever the terms are.

Every road in our area is covered in snow and ice, haven't seen dry pavement in over a month, Highway 400 was shut down for part of the day due to blowing snow. We've been getting hit here pretty hard for a couple of days now. The idea of a stylus isn't bad, but I think I should just try to keep my fingers away from it , kind of like getting your hand caught in the cookie jar.:)

Some may have seen pictures from NASA about a star that exploded out in deep space. They were calling it hand of God, well there may be a resemblance. You will have to look hard but it is there. I call it hand of Paromax. ;)

Attachments

• o-HAND-OF-GOD-570.jpg
    o-HAND-OF-GOD-570.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20140120_144102.jpg
    20140120_144102.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 141
I have to admit I gave up pretty easy since I had to switch to lightweight work gloves ... garage isn't heated (yet) ... hands and feet getting cold quick has been a problem since I was a kid. Good boots and down filled mitts do the trick when doing the drive but by the end they start to feel the cold. The "cab" that we bought with it is really a piece of garbage :(

Cool pic of "the hand of God"!

I was wondering if you had a cab, can be a bugger if the wind is in your face. I'm starting to think that is the way to go ( Kubota ) with a blower, will cost me 50K plus to update truck and plow. I have been playing this game for 25 years now. The last two winters have been hard on equipment.

Got lucky on the God pic, hope others see the humor of it.;lol

Fortunately, the BTUs from your "hand" won't take 17,000 years to reach you. Spectrum analysis shows God is clearly not messing around with a shoulder pellet at this time.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.