One Week In!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gymrat0663

Feb 2, 2012
South Central Pennsylvania
My Bosca Spirit 500 has been in and running 24/7 for one week now and we are ecstatic! We've heated with oil for years and grew tired of forking out all of that money to keep our house 68 evenings and weekends, and 64 nights and workdays. Now the family room is 72-74 with upstairs areas hanging in the 70 degree range.

Thanks to many of you for your informative posts and help along the way. My dad and I did the installation ourselves and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Steve

Attachments

• P1130127.jpg
    P1130127.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 505
Looks awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

Very nice! Enjoy the warmth.

Did you get a surge protector for it? Hope so.

Glad to hear that all is going well. I was just given one by a friend and am working out the kinks on the install. If you do not mind I may have to pick your brain down the road if I have questions.

Looks Sweet... Love the look of it.

Welcome to the Forums. Enjoy the heat!!!

Steve,
With the corner install what did you run for vent pipe?
I am also wondering if you used an OAK(outside air kit) on this unit?
The guy that was running my stove previously never had an OAK.
Thanks for the insight and can not wait to get mine up and running.

Brad

One Voice said:
Steve,
With the corner install what did you run for vent pipe?
I am also wondering if you used an OAK(outside air kit) on this unit?
The guy that was running my stove previously never had an OAK.
Thanks for the insight and can not wait to get mine up and running.

Brad

Brad,

I used 3" vent pipe to horizontally vent the stove. In order to vent the stove to the outside (going through drywall on a 2x4 studded wall and a 6" cinder block wall), we used the stove adapter, one 45 degree elbow, one 24" piece of vent pipe to go through the wall and one galvanized 45 degree elbow outside. I used Harman's Direct Vent Wall Pass-Through Kit which also doubles as a fresh air intake for the stove. I did run the stove for one day without the fresh air intake hooked up due to lack of time to get things done. When I hooked up the air intake to the outside air the next day I immediately noticed a huge difference in the heat output and the quality of the fire, so even with my limited experience I would suggest that you take the time to hook this up.

Let me know if I can answer anything else for you, but please know I am a real newbie in the world of pellet stoves and have used the expertise of others on this forum to help me along the way. With that said, I will do whatever I can do to help.

Have a great night!

Steve

i was seriously looking at bosca when i was thinking about new stoves. i got the cumberland instead. id still like to try a bosca sometime. the prices are very good. never see many posts about them so they must be trouble free cuz no ones complaining. welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.