One year old BK Princess insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravedigger

Jan 1, 2013
Far Hill, MD
Any concerns in buying as one year old BK Princess insert? I've talked to dealer that sold last year and they will warranty it.

Any concerns in buying as one year old BK Princess insert? I've talked to dealer that sold last year and they will warranty it.

How much ? Anything wrong with it ? They are great stoves !

Pete

Why is he selling? Take a good look at it, if it looks good and the price is right, sure.

Selling due to financial problems. Foreclosure pending. Asking price is 2000 . I can get New from dealer 2750 but dealer will warranty since the company I work does does a lot of business there. Will get original receipt for tax purposes.

Selling due to financial problems. Foreclosure pending. Asking price is 2000 . I can get New from dealer 2750 but dealer will warranty since the company I work does does a lot of business there. Will get original receipt for tax purposes.

sorry for the double post. You mentioned that you would get the original receipt for tax purposes.
As a used unit, I would think that you wouldn't be able to claim the biomass credit.

I thought there was talk of a $300 credit on new qualifying stoves. That might sway you one way or the other on going new/used.

Take off the cat shield and take a look. That's $250 right there if it's messed up. Inspect the welds all around inside and out. Check the lever and door. If it's all ship shape, take it and run. Great stove.

Patapsco Mike......I spent about 10 years in Wookstock and have been in Oella for about 5 years.

You still in the area?

Dealer said drop it off for to check out before I take it home and they would inspector warranty issues.

Out of luck. Bank won't let it go. I guess I'll have to buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.