Only on CL!!!LOL!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwill

Oct 13, 2010
W. MI
Really??? Delivered too?? i might give ya an arm load but im not bringing it to ya.http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/wan/2035458746.html

"Hello,
Does anyone have any chopped up firewood you could deliver to 572 Courtney and leave a little neatly stacked on the edge of my yard by my driveway? It would be awesome! I don’t need a lot. I only want small log sizes that will fit into the fireplace. Do not leave large logs or junk. I need it neatly stacked. I only want real wood. Thanks. Thanks very much. I thought someone could spare a little for this winter. "

Maybe you could stop over and light the fire for them as well, just so they don't have to bend over or waste matches. And while you're at it, can you clean out the ashes? Oh and maybe in the spring, go over and clean out their chimney for them? Am I forgetting anything?

That has to be a joke or that person is the mother of all nerve. Wow!

While your there make sure to mow the lawn and clean the gutters!

Hello,
Does anyone have any chopped up firewood you could deliver to 572 Courtney and leave a little neatly stacked on the edge of my yard by my driveway? It would be awesome! I don't need a lot. I only want small log sizes that will fit into the fireplace. Do not leave large logs or junk. I need it neatly stacked. I only want real wood. Thanks. Thanks very much. I thought someone could spare a little for this winter.

lol, good stuff. I think I'd be willing to deliver one split at a time, drive-by style, tossing at house...

Does any one have some cash money ($$$$$) that they've busted their ass for, day in , day out, giving their blood ,sweat, and tears for , that they dont want anymore. I dont want alot - maybe just a few hundred $$, or a few thousand $$. Oh, and I dont want to meet or even speak to you. Just leave it in a pile by my driveway. That would be awesome! :lol:

I really hope there just kidding,........ probably not though, *sigh*

I like Danno's idea! I would go buy with the Geico woodchucks in the bed of the truck. Those guys can really chuck wood! :lol:

Does any one have some cash money ($$$$$) that they’ve busted their ass for, day in , day out, giving their blood ,sweat, and tears for , that they dont want anymore. I dont want alot - maybe just a few hundred $$, or a few thousand $$. Oh, and I dont want to meet or even speak to you. Just leave it in a pile by my driveway. That would be awesome!

Your tax dollars at work

Ad is gone now.

usually need to post the ad too if you want more people to see it. Links disappear pretty quickly most of the time...

CTwoodburner said:
usually need to post the ad too if you want more people to see it. Links disappear pretty quickly most of the time...
that's why i quoted it above. I knew it would be gone soon!

i edited the first post and included the quote. very funny. i think drive-by style would be best or a dump truck load of stumps/roots in the middle of the driveway. that would be awesome!!

I guess she got what she was looking for ....... or more than she bargained for - in her e-mail in-box.

It's amazing what people think they are entitled to...."bring me free seasoned firewood".....ha ha ha! Reminds me of when I used to paint houses as a summer job in college.....me and a buddy spent 3/4 of a day powerwashing an old house in preparation for painting. When we're done, the nasty hag who lives there comes out and says, "Oh while you're here, could you just power out the gutters?" The gutters had been so neglected that they were literally filled with tall, healthy plants. We said that would cost extra as it would rain dirt down on the just-cleaned house, and she went ballistic on me. We walked off the job.

I belong to our local Freecycle group and I am just stunned by some of the requests people make. People are fuuny.

wendell said:
I belong to our local Freecycle group and I am just stunned by some of the requests people make. People are fuuny.
not necessarily a request for free, but on the local "garage sale" listserve there are several people that are always asking for childcare. I always wonder wtf is wrong with people that they'll hire someone who responds to an email for babysitters. that and I wonder wtf is wrong with the kids that the same people are always posting for someone new, can't they just call back somebody who responded before?

Status
Not open for further replies.