Only one special stick filled the cart today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
1477466_10151846882987379_1533167471_n.jpg

Nice picture. nothin like harvesting the holiday christmas tree.

nice to be able to do that. I haven't gone out in the woods to get a tree since I was a kid some 50 years ago. your passenger looks a little chilly.....lol.

Doesn't get any more fresh than that.

Clark: We're kicking off our fun old fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols.
Audrey: We're not coming all the way out here just to get one of those stupid ties with Santa Clauses on it are we?
Clark: No, I have one of those at home.

Ellen: Clark, Audrey's frozen from the waist down.
Clark: That's all part of the experience, honey.

Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Clark: The most enjoying traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin. Thith tree is a thymbol of the thpirit of the Griswold family Chrithmath.

Ok, I'm done now. Enjoy!

Reactions: albert1029
That's actually a young spruce tree. Yes it was cold as hell. Close to -25 with wind chill. Actually got frost burn on my nose from driving with my helmet up looking for the tree, lol. Well worth it to keep her happy.

tradition.....should be cut by hand.....but as cold as it was, I would have used the chainsaw too, and got outa there

Nice tree! About all I see around here is red cedar, unless it's someone's landscaping! Red cedar ain't much of a Christmas tree!

Is it dry enough to burn yet?

I was gonna say "how you gonna fit that in your stove?" but Backwoods and PA stole my thunder ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.