Only took me 5yrs to install the OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyPellets

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2012
Delaware
I finally got off my arse and got this done. Worked pretty well actually with the St Croix. Just a piece of 2" ID flexible exhaust tubing normally used for a quick fix on a car exhaust system. The 6ft piece was 17 bucks shipped and it is a perfect fit. I like this because it will never get crushed. Very stiff but still room to maneuver if your off a little coming inside. I faced it down outside and put a piece of window screen over the end of it. Hopefully this cuts down on the drafts in the house. One last piece which is the spinning exhaust vent wind cap which should be delivered this week.

Attachments

• Pipe.jpg
    Pipe.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 114
Burned for 8 years without a oak. Bought my Harman 2 years ago, installed the oak 1 year ago. Wow, what a difference. No drafts, more heat, less pellets burned. Proof positive, they work.

Burned 5 years without one, hooked up last year, big difference. Might wanna check yer manual about mesh size, mine sez 1/4 " minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.