Only went shopping for some bread and milk......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
But popped into the council wood yard opposite the shop, and picked this lot up............

Woodhaul17thAugust.jpg

Problem is it's going to be about 90f and over 80% humidity this weekend, it's already 75% now and rather warm..

Do I sweat it out and split all the rounds, or leave it a couple of weeks till it's a bit cooler.

Mix of cherry, sycamore, willow, birch, bit of pine, and a couple of huge oak rounds.

Part of me says split early with the sledge and wedge, have a wash, and sit back with a beer.

Part of me says let the wood sit there whilst I have a beer.

What would you all do?

I will have a beer and let you know what I think!

Over 32° In England?! Is that without the humidity? Things have changed.
I'd probably do the processing in the early morning or evening. But you're going to feel it regardless of the temps with humidity at over 70% :eek: Like breathing through a straw.

Nice score, BTW. A mixed bag is a good treat. All 6's & 9's?

My splitter won't run if it is over 80F. But my beer fridge does.:cool:

You in a hurry? I find splitting to be a cool/cold weather sport.

Reactions: Gark
+1 jags -

i'll break out the splitter and mauls when the daytime temps are 70's and below. um...what's that in centigrade?

I have a few rounds sitting buy the stacks.
They'll get done well before the snow flies & won't get burned for 2 year. No rush.

When the urge to split hits you, you'll have some to work on.
Just get it done before winter unless you need it this burn season (then the sooner the better)

Where's Broadstone ?, must be down south, heavy rain here for the past 2 days ;sick
given sunshine for tomorrow though :)
I would get it CSS soon as possible (when its not raining).

Nice score. :)

That wood won't be in any harm by letting it sit for a while. Split when it cools down; drink when it is hot.

Doesn't look like all that much. Maybe an hour...two at the most. Git 'er done! ==c

As they say here in Redneckville, PA......GIT-R-DONE! Like Woody said, not that much wood there. Have yerself more than 'A' beer, heck have 6 or 12 or 'em when you finish! ==c BTW, nothing like heading out for 'her', and cashing in for 'you' whilst doing it!

Nice assortment there. Always like having a mix of species.Split it early some morning before it gets too hot,the beer will taste even better that afternoon. ;)

Reactions: Realstone and ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.